Norton 5th Grade

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Tuesday, December 13

What kind of holiday traditions do you do with your family this time of year?

25 Comments:

  • At 10:36 AM , Blogger Norton5 said...

    I think we have lots of holiday traditions and I am always wanting to start new ones, too!
    When I was a kid, we always had pizza on Christmas Eve. We would eat pizza on TV trays and watch Christmas specials like "Rudolf" on TV. I know this sounds kinda weird, but I really liked it. Of course, now that I think about it, maybe it was the pizza that always made me sick on Christmas day!! Now we do things like:
    -make Grandma Norton's sugar cookies
    - I always buy a Santa ornament for the girls, so our tree has LOTS of Santas on it from all the years I've collected them.
    -we make gingerbread houses each year (or we try to)
    -Last year we lit a candle for my dad who passed away last December. I think this year, we'll light a candle for my dad and one for Ken's parents so that we remember our relatives that aren't here to share the holiday with us.
    -we usually make some ornaments for tree
    -I make homemade hot chocolate and we drive around and look at Christmas lights.

    These are just a few of the fun things we do.
    Mrs. Norton

     
  • At 10:49 AM , Blogger Norton5 said...

    Alicia
    We usually go to Newton visit and for Christmas dinner we always go to Aunt Paulette's house. That is one tradition the other one is we get up really early me and my sister and come screaming it is Chritmas in my mom and dad's room and wake them up me and Breanna made that one up. We don't really do many of those kind of things.
    Alicia

     
  • At 10:49 AM , Blogger Norton5 said...

    My famly gets to gether And has a good dinner.






    jacob t.

     
  • At 10:51 AM , Blogger Norton5 said...

    Tyler
    My family always goes to a house. Last year we went to my house now we are going to My grandma's house in Norton we always give presents to everybody. At my house we watch Christmas shows on a channel I forgot what the channel is. Like every family gives all nephews and neices presents. Plus you have to get presents for the parents to eventhough they really don't get much.

     
  • At 10:51 AM , Blogger Norton5 said...

    Luke

    The night before christmas me and my family set by the tree and we always drink hot choclate and watch a christmas movie.

     
  • At 10:51 AM , Blogger Norton5 said...

    Luke

    The night before christmas me and my family set by the tree and we always drink hot choclate and watch a christmas movie.

     
  • At 10:52 AM , Blogger Norton5 said...

    We go to different grandma and grandpa's every year for Christmas. We go to like my grandma and grandpa Polifka house like one year and then we go to my grandma and grandpa Wilkinses house next time for Christmas. I think that is the way to spell Wilkinses.


    Sam

     
  • At 10:54 AM , Blogger Norton5 said...

    Jacob L.

    We don't really have a lot of Holioday traditions. But every Christmas eve we watch Christmas movies.
    -we play Christmas games
    -we eat popcorn when we watch movies
    -my favorite one is when we eat popcurn and stay up late watching movies
    -we like to make coockies on chrismas morning and eat all day
    -

     
  • At 10:54 AM , Blogger Norton5 said...

    Jordan
    Every year we put up a lot of Christmas lights and a Christmas tree. We also put up a small village,the barn barn Jesus was born in, and are stockings. Every year my mom makes this one kind of salsa for family and friends, and almost every year we get a santa snowglobe our ornament for my grandma(this year we got her a snowglobe). Also almost every year we make Christmas cookies, like trees, ornaments, and stars.

     
  • At 10:55 AM , Blogger Norton5 said...

    Harley

    We just dacerate the tree. We clean to for my gradma or she will have to clean (bad thing). And we play games some times.

     
  • At 10:55 AM , Blogger Norton5 said...

    Logan
    On Christmas eve we always have clam chowder. I don't usually eat it. I would watch College football bowl games.

     
  • At 10:55 AM , Blogger Norton5 said...

    Every Christmas it is different. One year I have two Christmases one with my family and one in Arizona. When I have Christmas with my family when we go to Arizona for Christmas we go on Christmas break. The next year my cousins, uncles, and aunts from Tennesse come for Christmas. So we see both sides of my family every other Christmas. Do you know what I mean?

    !@#$%^&****RYAN****&^%$#@!

     
  • At 10:55 AM , Blogger Norton5 said...

    Every Christmas it is different. One year I have two Christmases one with my family and one in Arizona. When I have Christmas with my family when we go to Arizona for Christmas we go on Christmas break. The next year my cousins, uncles, and aunts from Tennesse come for Christmas. So we see both sides of my family every other Christmas. Do you know what I mean?

    !@#$%^&****RYAN****&^%$#@!

     
  • At 10:55 AM , Blogger Norton5 said...

    we usually get to gether and have dinner. My grandma comes over and has it with us and spends the night to have christmas with us before we open our presents we sing songs.


    jacob t.

     
  • At 10:55 AM , Blogger Norton5 said...

    My family plays nascar monopoly I always win. I get up at 5:00 because Iset my clock at 4:00 but I wake up at 5:00. I have 3 presents. my brother has 6 present ts. my dad has 2 my mom has 0.




    by beccca

     
  • At 10:56 AM , Blogger Norton5 said...

    i think we have lots of holiday tradition and i am alway wanting to start new one too. last year i got sick on christmas eve. we always lit candle when we opened up christmas gifts. we always make cookies. we allways go to hays and look at christmas lites. my mom makes oraments for thre tree. we always wacht christmas movies that are on tv. people always buy us ornaments for use.

     
  • At 10:57 AM , Blogger Norton5 said...

    What I do is we grive around around looking at Christmas lights and on Christmas Eve and watch movies at my Grandma's house. We also try to get everyone riled up by saying things about their pesents. We'll say "you really going to like it." We always try to get them excited.We decorate the Christmas tree together. We always have the same tree too. Like one time my Grandma picked out this really skinny tree that didn't look so good so me and my aunt were laughing at the tree. Well my grandpa put the little tree back but it makes the house look good around Christmas. My tree hits the ceiling when my
    Grandpa puts this angel on the top of the tree.
    Brandon

     
  • At 10:57 AM , Blogger Norton5 said...

    Robbie
    My family opens presents the day before Chrsimas and go over to my grandpas and grandma's house for Christmas and my great ant comes and my great grandma and my and come.But my great grandma died over the summer.My cousins and ant and uncle come too and we open Chrismas presents and eat a really big Chrismas supper it tastes great.I LOVE CHRISMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

     
  • At 10:57 AM , Blogger Norton5 said...

    Well we don't really have that many I don't think. On Easter day we all go down stairs at really early in the moring and look at our easter basket. Then once everyone is up and ready to open them we all open them at the same time. Then we all get done opening our presents and start to look for our eggs. Then once we find them all we divid them all up in equal piles. Then we eat them.

    ~!@#$%^&*()Ashley)(*&^%$#@!~

     
  • At 10:57 AM , Blogger Norton5 said...

    Victoria
    We usually have relitives over on Christmas. We always make ginger bread girls and boys and with icing we put name on them. Last year we made a ginger bread house. Every Christmas I can never get to sleep and when I do I wake up at least 5 times and go look at the prestents, that's a tradition for me! Last year santa came before 1:00, because that's on of the times I got up. My mom always makes fresh cinnimon rolls that we have to eat before Christmas. My mom always had to wait for ever to open presents on Christmas so she takes it out on us every year.

     
  • At 10:58 AM , Blogger Norton5 said...

    Every year we go to curch and watch the candel lighting program and some times we have a play at the curch. We also have a christmas at my house with all of my family we all pick names out of a bowl and we see who we got well we put all of my cousins in the bowl. Every year we have a white elaphant gift exchange with the kids and the adults. Last year my grand parents bought a smoothie maker and every one was fighting over it so all of my little cousinns started crying and getting mad so my grandparents went out and baught everyone a smoothie machine. Every year my parents go and take a christmas picture with us all dressed up and my parents also let us pick out a christmas ordament out to put on the christmas tree and every year we buy a christmas present for our teachers. Well we also make our owne christmas cookies. Well we alos do a lot more.


    Alec

     
  • At 10:58 AM , Blogger Norton5 said...

    Shea,
    My cusin Brookie & I dress up for C-mas because Brookie pretends to be Santa & I'm the helper & we bring out the presents. Brookie olso stays at our g-ma's C-mas night & my family comes over in the morning to see what our C-mas gifts are. All of our relatives like great g-pa & g-ma Joe & Mary, Brookie & her parents Scott & Jamie, me, my mom & step dad, my g-pa & g-ma & g-pa's brothers that are sort of like twins. My g-ma & g-pa's house is where we always stay. It's so fun that I can't even tell you how much fun it is! :-)

     
  • At 10:59 AM , Blogger Norton5 said...

    My tradition is that we sit down on the couch or chair. My dad would shut off the TV.We would listen to christmas music on the dvd player on christmas eve night. We would sit down and have pizza,summer sausage,chesse,and crackers. A lot of times we would watch santa clause is coming to town and my mom would just cry because of her childhood.

    kelly

     
  • At 11:01 AM , Blogger Norton5 said...

    Taylor
    I think we have had not that traditions. We always well??? We always drive around on Chrstmas night to see the beautiful Christmas lights.On Christmas eve we always open one present.The next morning we open the presents and then later we open the stocings. This is Hunters first Christmas I think this will be the best Christmas ever I am so excitd so excitd I can not wait at all. I think this year we are making gingerbread houses .

     
  • At 11:03 AM , Blogger Norton5 said...

    !@@!#$%%#%^(Katelyn Herl)$$#@#@!@!$
    Every year we open one gift from mom and dad on Christmas Eve.
    Then on Christmas morning when everybody wakes up we open all of are presents but not exsactly all of them.
    We all have a party at my grandma.
    Then we all have a Christmas dinner.
    Then we open all of are prensents it is kind of a tradition.
    Well we open the prensents from like my grandpa and grandma.B,grandma.H,from my aunt Hellen,from my aunt and uncle, from my aunt Jennette, and from my aunt and uncle and my cousin.
    And we then we sometimes we go look at Christmas lights. Five days before Christmas day we go Christmas shopping.

    !@#$%^&*(Katelyn Herl)!@@###$#$$%%$

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home