Norton 5th Grade

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Thursday, April 27

Do you like to read? Why or why not? What types of authors, books, magazines, newspapers do you read? How can reading help you in life?

23 Comments:

  • At 9:50 AM , Blogger Norton5 said...

    Tyler
    I like to read books that are interesting and not boreing or I would bring it back to the library. I think reading can help you with jobs like lawyers and stuff like that because they have to read. I like reading sometimes but when my eyes hurt for stareing at it for to long I don't like to read a lot.

     
  • At 9:51 AM , Blogger Norton5 said...

    Alicia
    I do and don't like to read it just depends on what I feel like.

    I like to read Lemony Snicket, and Joan Lowlrey Nixon books.

    Reading helps me because then I can read signs or item or any word.

    Alicia

     
  • At 9:51 AM , Blogger Norton5 said...

    I like to read my favorite auther is Beverly Cleary. I like to read other stuff tomy favorite book from Beverly Cleary is The Mouse and The Motorcycle or Dear Mr. Henshaw.

    Taylor

     
  • At 9:51 AM , Blogger Norton5 said...

    I do and don't like to read. I don't like to read because I sometimes get bored when I read. I do like to read when I get intreseted in the book I'm reading. I like to read Sara Nickerson's book. Reading can help you in your job.
    *rYaN*

     
  • At 9:51 AM , Blogger Norton5 said...

    Yes i do like to read. I like to read ghost and adventer boooks. I have two favorite books and they are the old willis place, and the dead man in India creek. I like to read sports Ilistreated magezines. I think reading can help you with your egucation.

    jacob t.

     
  • At 9:52 AM , Blogger Norton5 said...

    luke

    reading is ok it is not the greatest thing to do but it is ok. I like to read hank the cowdog books.

     
  • At 9:52 AM , Blogger Norton5 said...

    Brandon
    Yes I love to read. One of my favorite authors is Mary Downing Hahn. She wrote The old Willis Place :A ghost Story and Promises to the Dead. I also like the left behind series by Jerry B Jenkins. The person eho thought of the series is Tim LaHaye. There's 24 books in all but 25 and 26 are coming soon.

     
  • At 9:53 AM , Blogger Norton5 said...

    I love to read and i really like the seriers of enfortant events, and the Dairys of the americans. I like to read beacue they are like a dream that doesn't really come true. I also really like the Meg Cabot she is a reall great author. I really like to read when i am on a camping trip ,or when i am on a Airplane, or when i am going to bed if I can not sleep. The book that I am reading now is the Meg Cabot which I all American Girl. That is a really good book.

    ~!@#$%^&*()Ashely()*&^%$#@!~

     
  • At 9:53 AM , Blogger Norton5 said...

    I like to read when I get bored. My favorite book is A Year Down Yonder and it is By: Richard Peck. by:Tanner fischer

     
  • At 9:53 AM , Blogger Norton5 said...

    I like to read sometimes and not a hole lot of times. I like to read realy interesting and good books! Like Charlie and The Chocalate Factory I didn,t watch the movei untill after i read the book! And that was prombally one my favorite books!

    Katelyn.Herl

     
  • At 9:54 AM , Blogger Norton5 said...

    *Shea*,
    I love to read Junie B. Jones books, those time traveling bookes with Joe, Sam and Fred, and I've read all of the Judy Moody books. I also subscribe in Disney Adventers magazine. I think reading helps with a lot of things when I grow up. :-)

     
  • At 9:54 AM , Blogger Norton5 said...

    Harley

    Reading is ok yea i do like it. Because if on a test reading would help and you don't need to go ask the teacher what is this word and it would you a lot. My favorit book would be the Captain Underpants books. I don't know how it helps you in your life.

    BY:HARLEY

     
  • At 9:54 AM , Blogger Norton5 said...

    Robbie
    I love to read because it's fun to do and it's good for you. My favorite writers would probably be J.K.Rowling,Bryan Jacques and Christopher Paolini. My favorite books are Harry Potter,Redwall,Eragon and Narnia. I think reading is helpful in your life because you can learn new things and just enjoy reading a good book

     
  • At 9:55 AM , Blogger Norton5 said...

    *Victoria* =-)
    I really like to read. I like to read because I usually get into a really good book and my favorite part about a book is when I get to the climax. I read like to read scary and exciting books and magazines. Reading can help you in your life when you have a job. If you're a secutary then you have to read e-mails and stuff. You kind of have to know how to read if you want a job. You have to know how to read to work at MaCdonals, because you have to read orders.

     
  • At 9:55 AM , Blogger Norton5 said...

    Mrs. Norton

    I do like to read now, but I don't think I liked to read when I was in grade school. I really didn't like reading out loud. It wasn't until I was in Jr. High that I started reading a lot more books. Then I became a better reader. I don't think my parents made me read enough. If they would've I would've gotten better at reading sooner then I would've liked it better. Now I read everything - my favorite magazines are my photography magazine, Shape (an exercise and health magazine) and I scan over the paper every day. I am getting better at reading off the computer screen but I still like to print off what I want to read. I LOVE reading about different schools and how to be a better teacher. Right now I am reading a book called, "When Kids Can't Read - What Teachers Can Do". It is good, but I just started it. When summer gets here, that's the first thing I do - read something just for fun. My favorite author is John Grisham. He's a popular author who writes fiction books about lawyers. He is so good at writing that you feel like you are right there in the story with him. Several of his books have been made into movies. I really like reading because it takes me on a trip. One time I read a book about diving for treasures (people really do dive for suken ships and treasure). It was so good I just thought that would be the most exciting job. I hope you grow to enjoy reading as much as I do. It really does help you out in life!

     
  • At 9:55 AM , Blogger Norton5 said...

    Yes and no. My favort author is loise sacher or somthing. My favorites are magazines and there xbox magazines and splat/paintball magazines. It can help you become a better reader.I like sports Ilistreated magazines.

    kelly

     
  • At 9:56 AM , Blogger Norton5 said...

    I don't like to read because it is not fun but some books are ok I like the magic thee house books the are really good. so some time you should read them . I have read most of them.

    *R$A*C$H*E$L*L$E*

     
  • At 9:56 AM , Blogger Norton5 said...

    I like to read magazines sometimes I like to read sometimes not I wish they had more tales from the house of bunnicula!

    reading helps a lot if you are left eye domite !
    by rebecca

     
  • At 9:57 AM , Blogger Norton5 said...

    Logan
    I do like reading because it make sleepy and not any kind author. I don't care about magazines. I like reading newspapers and help follow directions on it.

     
  • At 9:58 AM , Blogger Norton5 said...

    I like to read if I got a good book with me. I read the Sports page in the newspaper. My favorite author is Dr. Suess. My favorite book is The Loin, the Witch and the Wardrobe. My favorite magazine is Sports Illistration. It can help you be able to read when you are an adult and working at a job.

    By: Sam

     
  • At 9:59 AM , Blogger Norton5 said...

    I do like to read most of the time. I like reading because it takes you back when the story takes place and what charactors and some times mysterys. Once you get to the good part you want to read on and see what happens next. I read the baby sitters club books and judy moody and meany more well, the baby siters club's auther is Ann M. Marton.
    Reading can help me when i get older to get a good job and being able to know big words.

    Alec

     
  • At 9:59 AM , Blogger Norton5 said...

    Jordan
    I really like to read! I think it is really fun and interesting. I like the authors that write like fantasy, action, adventure, or horror. For example there is J.K Rowling, J.R.R Tolkein, R.L Stine, and Christopher Paolini, and C.S Lewis are my favorites. I think it is important to know how to read because in pretty much almost any job you have to read to do something.

     
  • At 10:00 AM , Blogger Norton5 said...

    *Victoria* =-)
    I really like to read. I like to read because I usually get into a really good book and my favorite part about a book is when I get to the climax. I read like to read scary and exciting books and magazines. Reading can help you in your life when you have a job. If you're a secutary then you have to read e-mails and stuff. You kind of have to know how to read if you want a job. You have to know how to read to work at MaCdonals, because you have to read orders. YOU HAVE TO READ THE BOOK CORALINE!
    IT THE BEST BOOK I HAVE EVER READ IN MY WHOLE LIFE.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home